I like music. I have a band. I’m gonna tell you all about it.
What I look for in rock: guitars, melody, guitars, energy, guitars, and guitars.
As you may have guessed from all this typed nonsense, I see it as part of my mission in life to evangelize bands. For example, I introduced The Ready Stance to my friend Art. He thanked me, and loved how much they reminded him of the Counting Crows.
This caused me to be conflicted. On one hand, I was successful in my mission. On the other hand, the mere suggestion that I might like a band similar to the Counting Crows made me want to:
- Take a class in gun safety
- Apply for a criminal background check with a reputable gun dealer
- Buy a shotgun
- Drive out to an abandoned quarry
- Set up the album upright against some stones
- Blow the vinyl into the smallest pieces possible, using as many shotgun shells as it takes
When I related this to Art, he mentioned that he could also compare them to The dB’s.
I liked that much better.